Monday, October 4, 2010

The article “Rules Number 1: Follow All Rules” by Bill Bryson appears in the book I’m a Stranger Here Myself. This article depicts the of the amount of rules there are in America and how it’s a must to follow.

In this chapter Bryon really shows why he thinks or believes that too much rules are noneccery. In the being of chapter Bryon speaks about toothpaste, he elaborates on the amount of toothpaste that is left in the tube. The toothpaste symbolizes how there’s always exceptional to the rules. Bryon also believes American rules go too far, as he give example about the airport rules. The author also illustrates how all those rules will not make any different in life what so every. The author narrates about how the Americans love rules, and how the British love queuing. In this case the author shows the different between American and the British.

5 comments:

  1. I think you have some my idea .................. but really I liked your chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree. There all way to many rules. But also i think that we need most of the rules. I also like this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your right Suban, but think about it there so many rules that don't have any reasons why are they there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just reading at this chapter, it shows that most Americans are needy. If they are not needy why do they have so many rules to follow it? For me I believe that we just need to do what we think is the right thing, for that I think we should not need so many rules to follow it .For example how we cannot carry water when we go to the airports. In America we have so many rules that most Americans do not know about it or do not follow. That show as country we make other people take over our lives. And I do agree with Bryon Americans love rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The point about chapter that it's how to be have Rules number one . I'm agree with that rule becouse the gave everybody have rule and they have to follow that rule .my example alot of people agree to have rule in home in sometime people disagree to have that rule maybe they like more freedom . so that point help me becouse with out the rule life be more carzy. so the whole point is to be have rule insiade and out side live.

    ReplyDelete